A Brief Diary of Neuroplasticity


My brother and I were discussing teenage-related topics, like why some students who were once disciplined suddenly stumbled during adolescence. I was so involved with the concepts we were discussing that day. Amid our conversation, he brought up the limbic system, which I found to be thought-provoking. Eventually, I thought I should start writing about it; when I sat myself down to write, I realized I should probably start by telling you about neuroplasticity, which is an astonishing discovery made by scientists. Though I can't collectively state everything about neuroplasticity, I will sort out part of the information I think we can interact with, basically, it is the part where I find the information that makes a correlation with our day-to-day life.

   What is Neuroplasticity?

For many centuries, it has been believed that brain anatomy was fixed. In contrast, neuroplasticity says the brain is not an organ but an actual muscle that can re-wire itself over time and can be exercised as if it were a muscle, don't just regard this idea as a metaphor. This means we can redesign and readapt our brains to certain situations in a way that better serves us. I found out such neuroplasticity-based concepts have great potential to help almost everyone. Trust me, this theory is life-transforming, and with this concept, we can make significant progress in many fields.
 The basic thing I was able to understand from this theory is that by expanding our mental effort, we can support our weakest spot. Stimulating our brain makes it grow in almost every conceivable way, and the "neuroplastic" property of our brain paves the way to change when we learn new ideas and behaviors. Our life is full of changes and transformations, and, in turn, neuroplasticity helps us to rewrite our brains for the better. The way our brain relates our subjective experience to our external environment forms a meaningful connection. So it makes perfect sense that our subjective experience would flow from within rather than some external source. See the truth at this point is that we are constantly forced to act as though our subjective opinion is true. We tend to see and measure things in retrospect, and when we encounter new perspectives, we may become defensive and spend hours reviewing our past experiences, so through the process, our emotional development suffers. At such times when we can't understand what's happening around us, we may simply respond by saying "I don't get it."
We, humans, starting from our younger age raised in enriched environments -Surrounded by people, and objects to explore, and a lot of our thinking was formed at a younger age when we couldn’t rationally think. Learning more about neuroplasticity really changed my personal perspective.  

The Impact of the Environment

Young people are highly vulnerable to diving into the influence of the environment due to the immature limbic system, which may impact self-control and decision-making. At this stage, some functional changes will occur, and our brain is in an active state of development. At such times, our brain remains under construction, making it difficult to reason. At this point, our brain maturation can be influenced by different factors; for example, environment. So I think this illustrates the important aspect of neuroplasticity, and a basic understanding of this concept might help us understand our behavior and intellectual capabilities. Exposing ourselves to the environment is the most fabulous part of neuroplasticity as it helps us accelerate our growth and develop our lifelong interests.

Admittedly, this was only my explanation. 

  • If you enjoyed this article, you can leave comments down below. ðŸ‘‡

Comments

  1. The thing I like about this blog is the way it explained a relatively complex idea without using too much jargon. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts